Monday, March 31, 2008

Hoping for snow.... the tale of a truly southern boy

Matthew and Ephraim at Disney World During Christmas of 2006



Poor Ephraim!
-
We are planning a trip to Disney World during the warm months. Ephraim rarely stops talking... it's just constant chatter all of the time... so I sometimes miss some of the precious things he says, I'm sure. However, I'm glad I didn't miss this one!
-
He said recently, "Well, when we go to Disney World, we'll build a snow man!"
-
A bit surprised, I asked, "What did you say?"
-
"It snows in Disney World," he replied matter-of-factly. "When we go, we will play in the snow and build a snow man."
-
It took me a moment to understand what he was talking about... and then it dawned on me. The only "snow" Ephraim has ever seen (with the exception of about 25 flurries a few weeks ago) is the fake snow Disney World produces at Hollywood Studios and the Magic Kingdom during Christmas!
-
He was not happy when I tried to explain that it probably would not snow in Orlando OR that the snow we saw during Christmas of 2006 was actually made out of soap. In fact, I could tell he thought I had lost my mind. He knew it would snow at Disney World any time of year.
-
Maybe Blizzard Beach will make up for the lack of snow!

Nathan tasting "snow" at Disney World!







No comments: